The impact of trauma on brain development
As educators and carers, you will more than likely be caring for a child who has experienced trauma. Understanding how trauma effects brain development is a fundamental part of effectively caring for children who have experienced trauma.
The first part of this course looks at normal brain development and its functions. The second part covers how the brain is impacted by early trauma.
During the brain development section you will learn about:
- How the brain develops during pregnancy.
- The functions of the left and right hemispheres and the brain stem.
- Emotional development on the infant brain.
During the second part of the course you will learn about:
- The overactive fight or flight response in children and young people who have experienced trauma.
- The importance of the environment on brain development in the early years.
- How early abuse and experiences affect brain development.
- The influence all this has on learning.
- Finally case scenarios will be presented to reflect the material covered.
Membership will commence immediately from receipt of payment....
Price: $39.95 + GST View cart